Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Story

So basically I thought I would tell you my story, so you know a little bit more about me.

I don't think I've ever really been happy. I've been satisfied for parts of my life, but not REALLY happy. I think eating crappy foods has made me feel like this, but there is also another side to it. I know I'm not supposed to be heavy. When I was younger, I was thin. I wasn't really a heavy child. I started gaining weight when I was 8 years old. I was in 4-H and spent a lot of time at the fair, eating hot dogs and cotton candy. I gained a lot of weight that summer. At the end of the summer, I became a vegetarian (my sister was one, so I of course wanted to be one too). Effortlessly I lost the weight. The thing is, I didn't even realize I was chubby until I looked back at pictures of that summer. I went back down to a normal weight.

I remained a vegetarian for 8 years, but over those 8 years I slowly started to gain weight. I was eating a "white" diet, as my dad called it. Potatoes, Pasta, etc. There was no COLOUR in my diet! Also, my portion sizes just kept growing and growing. I was fairly miserable throughout highschool, as my weight just kept going up. I let my size rule my life. I didn't, and still don't, feel comfortable in social situations. People tell me I'm pretty (and I think I am too!) but I know I'm fat. Currently I'm 188 pounds. My highest weight was 208 pounds. I lost those 20 pounds when I signed up for weight watchers a couple of years ago. However, counting points isn't really my style. I kind of need a system where I can eat whenever I want, and eat as much as I want (within reason, of course).

I have been reading many blogs and success stories/testimonials online of people who eat raw, and I want what they have! I just want to feel vibrant and alive. I'm tired of not having the life that I want and deserve. I'm so excited to be starting this lifestyle, and I hope that it changes my life.

No comments: